This Kale & Quinoa Salad was bright and crunchy
and all the things that make a salad great! And it was so simple to make!!
We hope you enjoy!!
Ingredients for the Salad:
1-2 Cups Quinoa, cooked (about 1/2 cup uncooked)
One bunch Kale
Fried Shallots (optional)
Ingredients for the Dressing:
Citrus Juice (We used fresh lemon & grapefruit)
Salt & Pepper
Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Cook the Quinoa. Add 1/2 cup dry quinoa to a pot with 1 1/2 cups of liquid (water or broth). Cover with lid and cook at medium heat until the liquid absorbs into the quinoa, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let it sit covered for a few minutes. Set aside.
2. Prep the veggies. While your quinoa is cooking, remove stems from kale and chop. I like to chop into very small pieces. It's just easier to eat.
Dice the cucumbers and tomatoes. Thinly slice your red onion.
3. Make your dressing. Juice your citrus in a bowl (In this case, we used one lemon and one grapefruit). Add a spoonful of honey. Add two to three spoonfuls of apple cider vinegar. Season with Salt and Pepper. Then whisk in some olive oil. Taste your dressing and make changes to your liking.
4. Soak the veggies. Add your veggies to the dressing in a large bowl. Refrigerate while your quinoa is cooling. This will help bind the dressing to your veggies for more flavor!!
5. Put it together. When your quinoa is cooled, add to your salad and combine. You decide how much or little to add (we used about 1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa to our salad). Top with some fried shallots or nuts for some extra crunch (optional) and Enjoy!!
That's it!! Simple. Quick. And SO Good!!
Please feel free to comment, share and give your feedback!