Creamy Pea Salad with Pancetta
I am a lover of Peas. Snap Peas, English Peas, ALL THE PEA'S, please! :)
This creamy salad is so tasty, you'll forget how good it is for you. And, let's face it. Anything with pancetta is going to be AMAZING!!!! Check out the recipe below.
2 cups of English Peas (podded)
2 cups of Snap Peas
1 cup Broth (your choice)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 Lemon juiced
2 Tbsp. Flour
Salt & Pepper
1. Prep the Veggies. Pod all your english peas. Slice the snap peas.
2. Boil and Blanch. Boil all peas for 4-5 minutes and blanch to stop the cooking.
3. Cook Pancetta in a large pan for about 3-4 minutes until browned. Remove from pan but leave the drippings.
4. Whisk in flour for 1-2 minutes. Then add the broth & heavy cream. Cook down for 5 minutes. Add drained peas and incorporate.
5. Add some lemon juice and season with salt & pepper.
6. Serve. Top with Pancetta and Red Onion (optional). ENJOY!!!